See that guy in the mug shot photo? That's Andrew Joseph "Punchy" Lobban, the man recently arrested for killing three co workers for teasing him. All 4 men involved were bouncers at a local nightclub in Ocala Florida.
Lobban and another man had been to a firing range where Lobban was the victim of a prank. The gun Lobban was to use at the range had been set to misfire. The other man videotaped the prank and later showed the video to other co workers from the club who began teasing him about misfiring the weapon.
The details of how long the teasing had been going o before the incident were not mentioned, but apparently, it went on long enough to instill enough anger that it motivated Lobban to kill his co workers. He stated during questioning that he only intended to kill one of the men and that he killed the other two by mistake. Mistake? Maybe. but all three were shot in the head, make of that what you will.
Now, I don't know about you, but from the looks of this guy, even if I was (I'm not) the kind of person who gets off on teasing other people, he would not have been on my list! He certainly doesn't appear as the type of person you want trouble with. Of course, this is a mug shot photo, so it makes sense that he doesn't look like an altar boy, but you get my point, right? It was reported as stated in another article I read, that he was "a mild mannered person", but I still wouldn't have been so quick to pick on him, seemingly mild mannered or not.
I think it's important to mention that this guy is 31 years old. At his age, I'm guessing that he's been teased before for one reason or another by someone throughout his life. Has he not learned how to deal with such things yet? The article made no mention of whether or not he knew he had been the victim of a prank. I wonder if that may have made a difference. It also didn’t mention if the men had been warned or even asked to stop the teasing.
Is using a gun the only way that people can think of to resolve an issue? Do you remember when people would TALK to other people about a problem? Or, if discussing it just would not work, what happened to a good ol' fist fight if being physical is absolutely necessary? I can't help but think that there must have been another way of dealing with this. Whatever the circumstances, it's a sad day when 4 lives are lost because of a stupid prank!
If you're being teased at work or if you're teasing people at work, here are some things to keep in mind:
1. Leave people the hell alone and hopefully, they won't want to kill you.
2. Whether you realize it or not, there is most likely someone in your office who is unstable. Sometimes a little good natured teasing can be fun. But, it's important that you know who you're dealing with.
3. Teasing in the workplace, or elsewhere, is generally NOT a good idea.
4. If you're being teased, try and handle it by communicating to the person doing the teasing that you don't like it. If that doesn't work, maybe talking to your manager or HR person might help. Do whatever you can to resolve the issue in a manner where lives are not lost. Don't follow in the footsteps of Andrew Lobban.
5. If you're doing the teasing, find some business and get a freakin' life, you loser!
Have a great day at work today, and please don't do anything that will get you fired and/or arrested!
The Working Poor
You can e-mail me at email@example.com
Please share and/or "Like" this article!
Thanks for reading! Until next week!
This blog has a Facebook page too! Check it out! Click HERE!