There are helicopter parents and now unparenting parents. They are the two extreme parenting types. Helicopter parents hover over their children and think they need to control every aspect of their child's life. Unparenting parents treat their children like adults and have no boundaries or rules for them. I have come up with possible New Year's resolutions to suggest to them.
Helicopter Parent's New Year's Resolutions:
1) I will not do my child's homework to insure he/she gets a good grade.
2) I will not complain to the school principal about how much homework my child has been assigned.
3) I will not contact my child's college professor.
4) I will teach my child that life isn't fair and sometimes he/she will just have to suck it up.
5) I will not fight my child's battles with his/her peers.
Unparenting Parents New Year's Resolutions:
1) I will give my child an official education via regular school or homeschool.
2) I will give my child rules to follow.
3) I will enforce consequences for breaking the rules.
4) I will tell my child "no".
5) I will act like a parent and raise my child by providing guidance, boundaries and structure.
I hope that everyone has a safe and fulfilling 2013, filled with everything your heart desires and then some!
Thanks for reading!
You can follow Good And Bad Parents on Facebook or Twitter by clicking the links on the sidebar.