It had been hinted at for a few weeks, but Foo Fighters lead singer Dave Grohl confirmed what many of us longtime fans knew was coming. The band is going on hiatus.
According to a Rolling Stone post yesterday:
Dave Grohl took to the Foo Fighters Facebook page today with a note confirming the band will take a hiatus just a few days after his onstage comments at the Global Citizen Festival in New York led to rumors of a break-up.
Can't say I blame them. They've been together since 1994, almost 20 years now. In band terms, that's the equivalent of The Hundred Years' War. Rather than mourn the hiatus, though, I'm choosing today to celebrate all the great songs they've given us through two decades by listing my favorites with links to the music videos:
1. Everlong from The Colour and the Shape
2. Times Like These from One by One
3. My Hero from The Colour and the Shape
4. Walking After You from The Colour and the Shape
5. Learn to Fly from There is Nothing Left to Lose
6. Big Me from Foo Fighters
7. Best of You from In Your Honor
8. Breakout from There is Nothing Left to Lose
9. Disenchanted Lullaby from One by One
10. For All the Cows from Foo Fighters
• Joe Grace is a writer and journalist who lives in Chicago with his wife. He got to see the Foo Fighters play with an orchestra in Chicago. It was AWESOME. Learn even more about Joe by clicking on the About Joe Grace button at the top of this page.
IF YOU LIKED THIS, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Gifs With Sound #2: The playlist that makes the magic happen