Taste of Chicago begins tomorrow, so – of course – I've already plotted out the five items I most want to try and that you might want to try, as well. To see a full list of of restaurants that will be participating, click here. Be sure to list the items you're most looking forward to trying in the comments section below.
1. Grilled Slipper Tail Lobster w/ Garlic Potatoes – Oak Street Beach Café: I've been meaning to go to the Oak Street Beach Café, but I might just have it come to me in this instance. I love lobster. I love garlic potatoes. Match. Heaven.
2. Maxwell Street Polish Sausage with Grilled Onions – Bobak's: I can't turn down a Polish. I just can't. Always one of my favorite festival foods.
3. Celtic Corn on the Cob – O'Brien's Restaurant: I have no idea what this is, but I love corn on the cob and I'm mostly Irish. As good enough of a reason as any.
4. Pulled Pork Sandwich – The Smoke Daddy: Another festival favorite. (At this point, I should mention there is no way I could possibly eat all of the items listed so far. This is much more of a "wish list. " OK. That's a lie. I could eat all of the items listed so far. The problem lies when you replace "could" with "should.")
5. Original Plain Cheesecake (with strawberries) – Eli's Cheesecake Company: Ah, dessert. Cheesecake with strawberries? Count me in. Always.
To find out more about the Taste of Chicago, fellow ChicagoNow blog Chicago Quirk today posted a Taste of Chicago survival guide.
To find out more about the 100 foods to eat before you die … and where to find them in Chicago, please click here.