Need help finding a healthy gift for the holidays? From November 12th through December 12th, I will be featuring great fitness-related gift ideas- stocking stuffers and beyond! I've searched long and hard for gifts that fit the bill for people who like to exercise and appreciate fitness!
Many a hand has gotten cold while braving the winter weather to operate touch screen devices like i-Phones, i-Pods and other mp3 players. Happiness comes in small packages, and mine came in the form of a glove that has made the cold Chicago weather more enjoyable than I ever thought possible.
Day 17 | HEAD Digital Running Gloves with SensaTEC
Ideal Gift Candidate?
- Any runner or walker who has ever complained about getting cold hands to operate the touch screen on their i-Pod or mp3.
- Anyone with a touch screen mobile device that doesn't want to take off their gloves to answer the phone.
What is it?
A running glove made with SensaTEC, a material that is touch screen compatible and built into the index finger and thumb of the glove.
Why it made the list?
- The gloves work incredibly well. As long as I've worn them (about six weeks), I've never had a problem using my i-phone to talk or listen to music. And they wash well, too.
- They're really a multi-purpose glove and great for driving, too. The gloves have a grippy material throughout the palm and finger which makes holding onto anything a easy.
- In terms of practical accessories that get a lot of use, they are, without a doubt, my favorite purchase.
How much is it?
About $10 - $25
I bought mine at COSTCO for $10! If you're a COSTCO member you know they'll only be available for a limited time, so get moving.
If you're buying online, they typically run right around $25. Still, very worth it.
Where can I get it?
COSTCO or online retailers, like Amazon.
If you don't like to shop on Amazon, call your local running store.
Recap of previous days
Day 1 | KLUTCHclub
Day 2 | Affirmats Yoga Mats
Day 3 | Vibram FiveFingers Footwear
Day 4 | Fit Plan Journal by Gaiam
Day 5 | Utopia Thermal Hoodie by Brooks
Day 6 | The Laundress
Day 7 | Shhh. Three-Way Personal Care Bar
Day 8 | POLAR FT7 Heart Rate Monitor
Day 9 | VIEWSport Apparel
Day 10 | Spooner Board & Pop Squeak Pogo Jumper
Day 11 | NUX Activewear
Day 12 | Champion Running Tights
Day 13 | Rodney Yee Core Centered Yoga
Day 14 | The Water Bottle Edition
Day 15 | GetFit Body Fat Scale
Day 16 | On Running Shoes
Traci D Mitchell is a Chicago-based health and fitness writer and spokesperson. She's on-the-go everywhere trying out new and healthy things with a Chicago appeal. You can reach Traci through ChicagoNow, on Twitter @tracidmitchell or at www.tracidmitchell.com