Need help finding a healthy gift for the holidays? From November 12th through December 12th, I will be featuring great fitness-related gift ideas -stocking stuffers and beyond! I've searched long and hard for gifts that fit the bill for people who like to exercise and appreciate fitness!
Day 8 | POLAR FT7 Heart Rate Monitor
What's your average heart rate when you workout? Are you exercising too hard, too easy or just right? Knowing what your heart rate is, and having the tool to measure it consistently throughout your workout is invaluable. The POLAR FT7 is the perfect heart rate monitor for someone who wants an accurate output of what they're doing without all the bells and whistles that can sometimes be overwhelming.
Ideal Gift Candidate?
- Exercise enthusiasts who want to train in their "zone" and know how many calories they've burned.
- Fitness buffs who want to keep a close eye on their heart rate for performance reasons.
What is it?
It's a heart rate monitor made by one of the most trusted names in the industry, POLAR.
Why it made the list?
- Accurately tracks heart rate.
- Let's you know if you're burning fat.
- Tracks calories burned. Not a HUGE fan of constantly tracking calories, but knowing how much you burn during a workout is tremendously helpful!
- Comfortable strap. Long gone are the days of an uncomfortable chest strap.
- Great color options. Mine is red, and I L-O-V-E it!
How much is it?
Where can I get it?
Find a POLAR retailer here.
Recap of previous days
Day 1 | KLUTCHclub
Day 2 | Affirmats Yoga Mats
Day 3 | Vibram FiveFingers Footwear
Day 4 | Fit Plan Journal by Gaiam
Day 5 | Utopia Thermal Hoodie by Brooks
Day 6 | The Laundress
Day 7 | Shhh. Three-Way Personal Care Bar
Traci D Mitchell is a Chicago-based health and fitness writer and spokesperson. She's on-the-go everywhere trying out new and healthy things with a Chicago appeal. You can reach Traci through ChicagoNow, on Twitter @tracidmitchell or at www.tracidmitchell.com