Social media sites lead the way in finding jobs. Social media and referrals top all other categories for Increased Investment. Almost 2/3 of employers have now made successful hires through social networks, and a majority of companies plan to invest more in social recruiting in the coming year.
Here are some facts presented by Jobvite, a leading recruiting platform for the social web.
- 64% of survey respondents have hired through social networks in 2011, vs. 58% in 2010.
- 55% will increase their budgets for social recruiting and 30% for referrals, while only 16% will spend more on job boards.
- Survey respondents continue to rank referrals as the most highly rated source for candidate quality.
- Jobvite Index data confirms this quality assessment: 1 in 10 referral candidates are hired compared to 1 in 100 general applicants.
Different hires come from different places:
- 2 of the top 5 jobs shared on social networks are tech-related:#1 engineering,#2 sales,#3 IT,#4 marketing and #5 customer service.
- For IT jobs, referrals are shared socially on LinkedIn far more than the average of all job types. 63% of referrals happen on LinkedIn, 18% Facebook and 17% Twitter.
- For engineering jobs, LinkedIn still leads for referrals but Facebook and Twitter get more action. 55% on LinkedIn, 22% Facebook and 23% Twitter.
- The average breakdown of job referrals: 52% LinkedIn, 24% Facebook and 24% Twitter.
Jobvite is the leading recruiting platform for the social web. Today's fastest-growing companies use software solutions from Jobvite to target the right talent and build the best teams. Jobvite is a complete, modular Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform which can optimize the speed, cost-effectiveness and ease of recruiting for any company. For more information, visit http:// www.jobvite.com