Vertigo is the immediate feeling I get as soon as I think about buying Christmas presents for the 43 people in my immediate family. This year, as I tried to wrap my head and heart around what might make each of them smile, happy or more inspired, I decided to focus on books - written by people I know, respect or ones that offer humorous and intelligent inspiration.
- Jen Weigel (Chicago Tribune Columnist) Stay Tuned and I'm Spiritual Dammit! - where Spirituality meets Entertainment Tonight!
- Annie Bernside (from Evanston) Soul to Soul Parenting - for your favorite parent friends
- Jim Wawro Activate Your Intuition.- for your friends who want to develop their intuition
- MaryKim Schreck You've Got to Reach Them to Teach Them - which focuses on teachers but I've found great tips and reminders as a parent about talking to my own and other kids.
- Sir Ken Robinson The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything and Out of Our Minds - Learning to be Creative - for friends looking for a change in work direction
- Kendall Waltmire (12 year old who lost her older sister to suicide) A Kids Eye View of Grief (contact email@example.com for distribution) - for those dealing with tragedy