There's not much happening on the MLS end until this weekend but here are a few tidbits of interest:
- The Fire Reserves dropped a 2-1 result to Houston on Saturday morning. Victor Pineda scored the only goal and the Fire finished the Reserve League season with a 4-6-0 mark. Pineda's strike was a beauty, check it out here. Steven Kinney started the last two reserve matches at center back.
- Alvaro Fernandez was an unused substitute in Uruguay's 3-0 loss to Argentina on Friday. Marco Pappa started and played 67 minutes in Guatemala's 2-1 victory over Jamaica on the same night. Guatemala faces the US on Tuesday night in Kansas City.
- Pavel Pardo resumed training late last week although he wasn't participating 100%. The Fire are hoping to have him available this weekend at New England. Cory Gibbs also resumed jogging on the side.
- Benny Feilhaber will miss the game this weekend after receiving two yellow cards in New England's last match at Philadelphia.
- MLS action resumes on Wednesday night with a pretty good match up. Real Salt Lake visits Seattle. In the meantime we'll be watching Alan Gordon and Eddie Johnson bail out the USMNT tomorrow night. There's something I'd never thought I'd type...