Eddie Gaven's stoppage time header against Sporting KC not only leveled the game for Columbus, keeping the Crew within reach of a playoff spot but it also clinched a post season berth for the Chicago Fire.
The two year playoff drought is now officially over and with two games remaining in the regular season, the Fire are still within striking distance of first place in the Eastern Conference. After the international break next weekend MLS play resumes on October 20. Here's a look at the remaining schedules for each of the contending clubs in the East:
1. Sporting KC (59 pts) - @NY, v. PHL
2. Chicago (56 pts) - @NE, v. DC
3. DC (54 pts) - v. CLB, @ CHI
4. New York (53 pts) - v. SKC, @PHL
5. Houston (50 pts) - v. PHL, v. COL
6. Columbus (49 pts) - @DC, v. TFC
The final two weeks of the season will be fun to watch.