The World Cup is only 25 days away and MLS is taking a break during the first two weeks of group play. That doesn't mean Fire Confidential will be silent. In addition to continued discussion of all things Fire, I'll be watching the World Cup along with all of you. Since we received a fairly positive response to the World Cup Bracket Pool contest...it's on.
Your brackets can be filled out via the ESPN World Cup Bracket Predictor and you can join the game once you're entered into the Fire Confidential private group. You can enter the Fire Confidential private group by requesting an entry via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will send you the password to enter the group and you can begin filling out the brackets after you register your screen name and info.
The winner will receive a brand spankin' new United States Men's National Team kit by Nike. The kits are actually produced entirely from recycled polyester, and each top is directly produced from up to eight plastic water bottles. Just specify shirt size and whether home or away is preferred.
Scoring is determined per the ESPN game rules.
- Group Stage - 1 point per correct pick
- Group Stage Bonus - 1 point per pick if team is in correct slot
- Round of 16 - 2 points per correct pick
- Round of 16 Bonus - 2 points per pick if team is in correct slot
- Quarterfinals - 4 points per correct pick
- Quarterfinals Bonus - 4 points per pick if team is in correct slot
- Semifinals - 8 points per correct pick
- Semifinals Bonus - 8 points per pick if team is in correct slot
- Finals - 32 points for correct pick
The site will allow everyone to follow the standings live every day.
There are plenty of intriguing possible match ups after group play. One possible scenario could see the
The pairings also allow for a
June 11 can't get here soon enough.............