Here are are few Fire related items of interest :
Fire on TV
Courtesy of En Fuego:
Collins John will be appearing on tonight's Final Word sports recap show on Fox Chicago. Fox is actually one of the few local media outlets that has shown that they will cover the team with any regularity.
Carlos De Los Cobos will be appearing on Univision's Deportiva Extra at 10:15.
A Familiar Voice
Sam Stejskal's game report for mlssoccer.com
DC United lost at home to New England 2-0 in front of an energetic 20,664 fans. If any group of fans deserve a new stadium it's DC. Unfortunately for them, United is not very good this year. They controlled alot of the action but their inability to finish ruined them last night. The Revs second goal from Kenny Mansally gets my vote for goal of the week.
The New York Red Bulls continued their impressive early form by defeating Seattle in front of 36,066. Mac Kandji scored the only goal of the match after a Joel Lindpere corner kick service was deflected to him in front of the net.
After the match yesterday I headed outdoors to run a few errands. While listening to a certain local sports radio talker (670 AM), I decided to stick around long enough to catch their 5:30pm scoreboard update. The update consisted of the following "news" stories:
1. NCAA tournament news (understandable as a lead story)
2. A mention of the Bulls-Bobcats game
3. Pre season Cubs baseball update along with a detailed list of which players provided RBI during this meaningless game
4. Pre season White Sox baseball update along with a big breaking news story. Apparently the Sox back up catcher may start the year on the disabled list.
5. A quick run down of meaningless baseball player transactions
6. And that was it. No mention of the Fire game whatsoever. Pathetic!