First off, I wanted to wish everyone a very joyous Christmas. May your next few days be filled with a lot of love, happiness, and joy regardless if you are spending this beautiful holiday with family, friends, or even by yourself. There is a sense of magic in the air and I feel people from across the world come together to celebrate this wonderful holiday, putting aside their differences. I hope this holiday season brings people closer together in distance and in heart. Young or old, rich or poor, black- white- brown or yellow, Muslim or Christian or Hindu... let us take some time to appreciate our loved ones and all of our blessings.
Speaking of blessings, I wanted to share a holiday Polish cookie recipe that I have used over and over again as I have perfected the traditional Kolacky Cookie that is cherished so dearly in my home. These yummy treats are filled with different types of jam and sprinkled with powdered sugar to give that popping taste at your dessert table on Christmas. Forget leaving Santa the same old chocolate chip cookies and embrace this simple recipe for a delightful Polish treat this holiday season.
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup strawberry/apricot/blueberry jam
- Confectioner's sugar (to sprinkle)
- Mix cream cheese and butter in a bowl until fluffy and thick. Add in flour
- Place a dab of water and knead dough into a ball. Place ball in saran wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Once ready, roll out dough to 1/8" thickness on floured surface
- Cut cookies with a 2" round cutter and place on cookie sheet
- Fill in 1/4 teaspoon jam on each cookie circle and fold opposite ends so they overlap and press tightly
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes, checking occasionally for jam to settle
- Sprinkle with sugar as desired.
There you have it, yummy Kolacky cookies in minutes. Enjoy!
Filed under: Uncategorized