Want to host a party that is unforgettable? Why not add a new twist to your holiday party this year? Brett Galley, the Director of Events at Hollywood Pop Gallery, states that the coolest fastest type of party this season is inviting your guests to make some type of donation or set up a drive at you festivity for the charity of your choice!!!!
One great idea is giving back to the victims of Hurricane Sandy since the East coast is struggling this season, why not brighten up their holidays. So how do we do this????? Here are some of Brett’s easy ways to get your guests into the giving spirit around the holidays:
· Tell Your Guests Beforehand:Mention the charity or donation in the party invitation so that guests are aware of the idea, who the organization is and how they can help.
· Easy for Everyone: Create a general area of where the donated items will be gathered – such as toys, canned foods or event coats.
· Build Awareness: Provide some signage and pamphlets at the event about the charity you are supporting. This brings awareness to your guest and provides them with more information on how they can help this charity in the future. This might also inspire them to also do something for this charity in the future
· Do Them A Favor: It is also nice to give your guests something that represents the charity or keeps the charity on their mind. Maybe it is something with their logo or their symbol, but this little token is a nice gesture to show how much you appreciate them participating in your cause!
· Thank You: Like with all gift giving events, a thank you goes a long way. Especially, if this party is something you hope to do annually, then it is a wise idea to properly thank the supporters with a hand written note.
Give a little take a lot with memories you are making at your holiday party!! Happy Holidays!!!!