One of the things that separates me from any other travel blogs is that I buy my own stuff and review it honestly. Travel bloggers walk the line between criticism and wanting freebies, so they'll never be ruthless or honest.
Here are things I think you should consider picking up that's Nick approved:
1) eBags packing cubes. Personally I don't care what brand of packing cubes you buy but they're absolutely amazing. Socks and underwear in one, shirts in another... it's amazing how much more you can get in your bag when it's neatly packed and avoid checked bag fees.
2) Two pairs of ExOfficio underwear. I laughed at these for a number of years and finally broke down and bought some and I love them. Quick wash, hang dry and underwear that travels well. It also prevents the medical condition known as schwettybalsach.
3) Decent sized USB keychain drive. Back up your photos and carry a backup of your identity documents in case you have your stuff stolen. Two copes are better than one.
4) Ball point pen + 1 meter of duct tape wrapped around it. I've used it to patch luggage, pants and make shift bandaids. Comes in handy.
5) Money belt. No, not one of those dorky belts, but a belt that hides money and not much else.
6) A quality carry-on bag. I've probably bought a few grand of stuff from eBags (I don't make a dime from them) over the years and love them because of their prices and customer service. Anyway, a good bag makes everything worth while, from backpack style bags to roller carry-ons.
7) A spare charger. Trust me on this one - nothing worse than being stuck somewhere without a charger and at the mercy of others or expensive chargers.
Filed under: Uncategorized