Do you know how many searches there are on Google in one day? According to internetlivestats.com, there are over 3.5 billion searches in one day. Google processes over 40,000 search queries every second on average, which translates to over 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide; that is a great deal of searching.
There are really over 3.5 billion searches a day on Google. You can even watch the statistics grow live over at internetlivestats.com by the second-it's quite fascinating.
For profit companies spend thousands of dollars every year in advertising using Google AdWords to drive traffic to their websites.
However, did you know that one of the largest, most missed and underused opportunities for nonprofits is Google for Nonprofits?
You can make a bigger difference right now.
Grow Your Mission With Google Grants and Offerings and Receive:
1. $10,000 in a monthly grant to advertise on Google-yes, that is $10,000 a month in free advertising using AdWords
2. Free membership
3. Free webinars on how to use their services
4. A quick and easy application process
According to Hubspot, many Google Grant members under-spend on their $10,000 a month budget, with an average recipient spending approximately only $330 a month (with a budget of $10,000 per month)! This amount of free advertising can provide tremendous growth and visibility for your nonprofit today-growing your mission and helping those in need.
How Nonprofits Can Benefit From Google Grants:
1. Promote and raise awareness of your mission, website, and nonprofit through organic search
2. Gain new subscribers for your newsletters and grow your email list
3. Reach new donors, potential volunteers and new hires
4. Find new board members
5. Track new traffic, test new strategies and gain a mass amount of awareness
Eligibility for Google Grants:
1. Hold current 501(c)(3) status, as determined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service; and acknowledge and agree to the application's required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use
2. Have a functioning website with substantial content
Note: According to Google's terms: At present, Google for Nonprofits is open only to organizations based in the United States, England and Wales. Organizations based in other countries can view Google's country-specific programs for nonprofits. You can read more here about your specific country.
Who is not Eligible for Google Grants?
1. Governmental entities and organizations
2. Hospitals and medical groups
3. Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions and universities
Largest Challenges for Google Grants and Nonprofits:
The biggest challenges nonprofits face in regard to using Google Grants are typically caused by the lack of the following:
1. An updated website filled with substantial content
2. Technical support staff
3. SEO research understanding, knowledge and application
4. Writers/bloggers who know how to implement SEO for your nonprofit
5. Basic knowledge in regard to Google tools, including, but not limited to: the use of low competition and high traffic keywords and phrases, Google Keyword Tool, Google AdWords and Google Analytics
Regardless, this is a tremendous opportunity that all nonprofits should be taking advantage of for growth and exposure-and to continue to make even a bigger difference in the world.
Where to apply: Nonprofits can apply here for Google Grants.
To see how successful nonprofits such as Charity: Water, Beat Bullying, Kiva and more are finding great success with Google Grants, please visit this page here.
For more tips and information, please visit this Slideshow created by HubSpot.
If your non-profit is interested in learning more and/or has questions, please feel free to reach out to me.
What is your nonprofit's biggest challenge?