I know it's too early to hear about the holidays but I love So Delicious's "Nog" and Mint Chocolate Milks. Drinking regular eggnog would put me in the hospital but I'm thankful for the So Delicious version because it really tastes good. The mint chocolate is yummy too. I like to use it in my morning protein shakes, no need for extra sweetener. Check out these recipes using both products:
Recipe: Coconut Nog French Toast
This would make the perfect holiday breakfast in bed or as a breakfast sandwich with sliced turkey or organic ham.
2 ripe bananas
2 cups of So Delicious Milk Nog
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
8 slices of whole-grain, sourdough or gluten-free bread
Butter or vegan margarine
Cinnamon sugar (or make your own by combining ground cinnamon with sugar)
- Blend bananas, So Delicious Milk Nog, cinnamon, and vanilla in a blender and pour into a pie plate or wide bowl.
- Head a griddle or skillet coated with a thin layer of margarine.
- Gently dip the bread slices, one at a time into the plate or bowl, letting the slices soak up the mixture for a few seconds, then carefully turn to coat the other side.
- Transfer bread slices to griddle or skillet, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if you feel that is sweet enough then don't add maple syrup.
Recipe: Mint Chocolate Macaroon Tapioca Pudding
1/2 cup granulated tapioca
1 TBSP cornstarch or arrowroot
1/8 tsp sea salt
3 cups So Delicious Mint Chocolate Coconut Milk
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 TBSP shredded coconut for garnish
Mint leaves for garnish
- Combine tapioca, cornstarch or arrowroot, salt, and So Delicious Milk Mint Chocolate Milk in a small saucepan.
- Whisk gently over medium heat, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer on lowest heat until pudding thickens and tapioca turns from white to clear about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut, and pour into serving bowls. Garnish with coconut, mint leaves or top with non-dairy whipped cream. Works warm or chilled. Serves 4.
You can find So Delicious products at Whole Food stores and many health food stores.