Nearly 1 in 5 licensed 16-year-olds is in a car crash. Additionally, traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among 15- to 20-year-olds.
Parents, do I have your attention?
According to the Illinois Secretary of State website, lack of experience and greater tendency to take risks are the primary contributing factors to these high crash rates. So, Bridgestone has created the Teens Drive Smart program to give these newest drivers lessons crash avoidance and split-second decision making.
The Teens Drive Smart Tour will be in the Chicagoland area on Aug. 3 and 4, and students aged 15 to 21 can participate as long as they pre-register and have a valid permit or driver's license.
Highlights of the hands-on FREE driving experience include:
- Skid pad driving
- Lessons on vehicle dynamics
- Accident avoidance techniques
- Improved reaction time
- An understanding of dangerous situations created by distracted driving
Parents are invited to watch and hear what their children are being taught as well as to learn how their own behavior behind the wheel impacts their teens.
Oh, and did we mention that the teens will be driving BMWs?
For a highlight of what teens will experience, be sure to watch the YouTube video below:
Details for the Teens Drive Smart experience:
- Location: Toyota Park, Bridgeview, IL – corner of S. Harlem Ave. and West 71st Street
- Dates: Choice of August 3 or 4.
- Times: Four half-day sessions for families to choose from; starting at 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Who: Students ages 15-21 with valid permit or driver’s license.
- To Register: Although clinic is free, advance registration is needed at: www.TeensDriveSmartTour.com