The Mazda3 is one of my all-time-favorite, I-could-own-this-car cars. It's fun, small, peppy, drives well and, IMHO, is a perfect urban vehicle. Here's to hoping it gets even better for 2014. Mazda announced a complete redesign today that will be on sale starting this fall. In the photos below, you can see some of the design cues from the all-new, very hot 2014 Mazda6. The only photos released today were of a 5-door model, and the press release made no mention of sedan version. But it didn't not make mention of it either. So, stay tuned.
Some key specs released today:
- Wheelbase: 106.3 inches (2.4 inches longer)
- Length: 175.6 inches (1.8 inches shorter)
- Height: 57.3 inches (0.6 inches less)
- Width: 70.7 inches (1.6 inches wider)
- Wheels: 16-inch standard, 18-inch optional
- Engines: 2.0-liter SKYACTIV-G (155 hp, 150 lb-ft of torque); 2.5-liter SKYACTIV-G (184 hp, 185 lb-ft of torque)
Interested in more info? Check out the full press release.