So, I wasn't really in San Antonio. And, well, the car got lost before the interview. Sigh. I suppose, even the best laid plans go awry, but all things considered, for a live Skype on the streets of Austin, Texas, at 4.30 a.m. ... I didn't think this went too badly!
Dodge launched the all-new Dart in January at the North American International Auto Show. Over the past couple weeks, they rolled it out to journalists around the world. While the body is built at the assembly plant in Belvidere, the 3 engines come from Dundee, Mich. So, I had a quick chat this week with WNWO in Toledo, Ohio, about the car that people in their viewing area will have a hand in building.
Some additional notes:
- Hands-down coolest feature: Optional cordless charging mat for smart phones. Dealer installed, available for $200. Well worth the price if you ask me!
- Most interesting thing about the Dart: The fact that you can get every up-level feature available across the Dodge lineup in this compact, entry-level car. For a price, yes, but it's really awesome that it's even an option!
- Engine availability: All 4-cylinder engines that have horsepower ratings ranging from 160 to 184 -- 2.0-liter TigerShark, 1.4-liter turbo, 2.4-liter TigerShark
- Pricing: SE ($15,995), SXT ($17,995), Rallye ($18,995), Limited ($19,995), R/T ($22,495)
- Most disappointing thing: Base SE doesn't come with A/C. It's a $995 option.