Hi, it's Anne. Remember me?
I couldn't watch either of the big events. No, I couldn't watch him preen at his State of the Union address, though I did see the SloMo replay of Nancy shredding paper a few dozen times. And I couldn't watch the impeachment farce vote. All that hypocrisy.
But what comes next? Along with the Iowa Caucus fiasco, the whole march to a never-going-to-convict impeachment reminded me of how clueless the Democratic party can be. Need more examples? Remember the Affordable Care Act rollout? Remember Hillary's campaign?
My problem is that I agree with most of the ideals that the various parts of the Democratic Party support. Things like religious and sexual freedom from government interference. Things like available, affordable, health care. Things like a patched-up safety net, preferably one with some "bounce-back " springs built in. Things like a belief in science. But how do we get there?
Here are this crazy lady's suggestions to get Trump out of the White House before it is too late and we solidify the Age of Trump and his minions. You know who they are-President Ivanka, President Don Jr., President Barron.
HOW TO BEAT TRUMP
- Screw the long, drawn-out primary system this year. Iowa has already shown us what can go wrong. Get all the potential candidates in a back room and come up with ONE candidate who can win the key swing states. To me, it's someone from the center, because this is the year to WIN, not the year to push a particular agenda.
- Let everyone else withdraw from the primaries. Think of the money you can all save.
- Inspire those looking toward a more revolutionary approach with a Vice-Presidential candidate that will be ready to lead in 4 or 8 years. Surely any drastic overhaul in our way of life can wait that long if it accomplishes deTrumpification in November.
- Every Democratic leader, from the most northern Aleutian Island to the southern-most Florida Key, needs to offer strong support to the chosen candidate. No back-biting. No "It should have been me's." UNITE, UNITE, UNITE.
- Mike Bloomberg, keep spending your millions. But spend them in support of the candidate of a united Democratic party, not yourself.
- Mitt Romney, your "profile in courage" impeachment vote was a nice start, but you have so much more to do. Run for President on a third party. Any third party! It was rumored that you would do it in 2016. Now is the time. You have no chance to win, but you can be a spoiler, siphoning off the votes of any Republicans who haven't lost their mind to Trump Nation. Be the Ralph Nader we need.
- Get out the vote!
This may be my fantasy. But we can do this! Share the word!
Anne U Phylaxis borrows this blog from Les every once in a while. Write to her at email@example.com
Like what you read here? Add your name to our subscription list below. No spam, I promise!