Happy days, it's time for another investigation! In case you haven't been following the news, Jamal Khashoggi, a correspondent for the Washington Post and critic of the Saudi Arabian Royal Family disappeared on October 2nd after entering the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul, Turkey. It is widely believed he was murdered by a Saudi hit squad, with the knowledge of the Saudi royals.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met today with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who denied knowledge of the alleged assassination. This was followed by tweets from President Trump stating:
Just spoke with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia who totally denied any knowledge of what took place in their Turkish Consulate. He was with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo during the call, and told me that he has already started, and will rapidly expand, a full and complete investigation into this matter. Answers will be forthcoming shortly.
But I think the "full and complete investigation" may come with some limitations. Based on recent history we can assume:
- The investigation must be completed in 72 hours.
- No members of the Saudi Royal Family may be interviewed.
- The suspected Saudi killers (they were reportedly seen on video) may not be interviewed.
- Any evidence discovered in the Saudi Consulate in Ankara may not be considered.
- The investigators must ignore any evidence presented by women.
You say that may result in a biased and inaccurate investigation? Now what ever gave you that idea?
Like what you read here? Add your name to our subscription list below. No spam, I promise!
Filed under: Uncategorized