Yes, Hillary accused Donald Trump of cheating on his taxes. And how did he respond? As everyone knows, he called her a "nasty woman." For the sake of argument, let's say her remark earned her a one star (★) evil rating. How does she stack up against some other famous nasty women in history?
- Eve ★ ★ ★ : Here was a gal who knew how to get her man in trouble. If she hadn't gone after that apple, none of us would be paying income tax.
- Bonnie Parker ★ ★ : Yeah, she robbed banks, killed people, and wrote awful poetry. But Faye Dunaway was just so damn alluring.
- Norman Bates' Mother ★ ★ ★ : Now this was a mean one. Even dead and mummified she got poor old Tony Perkins to off Janet Lee. But that was a great shower scene.
- Marie Antoinette ★ ★ ★ : No, she didn't cause the French Revolution by herself. Did she really say "let them eat cake"? In any case, it's a great line.
- Hansel and Gretel's Witch ★ ★ ★ ★ : A true nasty. Kidnap kids, fatten up kids, eat kids. It wasn't until Hannibal Lecter came around that we had a comparable male maniac.
- Cathy Ames ★ ★ ★ : John Steinbeck's "East of Eden" is one of my all-time favorite reads, and Cathy is my favorite character. A prostitute without a heart of gold, she killed her parents and slept with her brother-in-law on her wedding night. But at least she didn't eat her children.
- Polk Salad Annie's Mama★ ★ : A wretched spiteful, straight-razor totin' women. And I hear Annie was no sweetheart herself!
- Queen Isabella ★ ★ ★ ★ : Whether you hate her for sending Columbus to the New World and blowing the ecosystem, or her role in the villainous Spanish Inquisition, there is not much for redemption.
- Gemma Teller Morrow ★ ★ ★ : The Mama Bear of "Sons of Anarchy, " she almost killed her first daughter-in-law, and succeeded in killing her second one. And I had always thought that is was daughters-in-laws that wanted to kill their mothers-in-law.
- Elizabeth Holmes ★ ★ : Yes, I know, I should stop picking on the Temptress of Theranos. But her whole deal just gets me so pissed off...
So Hillary, you barely nudge the nasty meter. So keep on smiling that smile and do what you've got to do. Only one person on the ballot is truly evil.
Remember still time to get in on our music trivia contest with a $25 Amazon Gift Certificate Prize. Here is a recap of the rules:
- For each state in the union, name one song whose lyrics mention either a state or a city in that state.
- If a song names more than one state, only one state in that song counts.
- Official state or city songs, sports team anthems and school/university fight songs do not count.
- One point for each state named. Maximum score is therefore 50 points!
- 3 Top Entrants will get a shout out in a future column.
- ALL entrants will be eligible for a $25 Amazon Gift Card. Winner will be chosen by random selection of all entrants.
To enter, send an email to email@example.com with your responses. You will also be added to our mailing list for future blog posts. Entries will be accepted until Midnight October 30th.
Filed under: Uncategorized