Breibart lists them in this factcheck: (For details, click on the link.)
- “[W]e’ve done all this while cutting our deficits by almost three-quarters.”
- “Anyone claiming that America’s economy is in decline is peddling fiction.”
- “That’s what the Affordable Care Act is all about. It’s about filling the gaps in employer-based care so that when we lose a job, or go back to school, or start that new business, we’ll still have coverage."
- “Food Stamp recipients didn’t cause the financial crisis; recklessness on Wall Street did.”
- “We’ve protected an open internet…”.
- “Seven years ago, we made the single biggest investment in clean energy in our history. Here are the results.”
"No nation dares to attack us or our allies because they know that’s the path to ruin.
- “As someone who begins every day with an intelligence briefing, I know this is a dangerous time.”
- “We are training, arming, and supporting forces who are steadily reclaiming territory in Iraq and Syria [from Islamic State].”
- “Fifty years of isolating Cuba had failed to promote democracy, setting us back in Latin America.”
This would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.
For the best commentary on how the media handled Obama's State-of-the-Union speech read James Warren's "CNN, MSNBC, Fox News show the state of a fragmented union" in Poynter.org
The Chicago Tribune finds that Obama twisted some facts in "Fact-checking the State of the Union"
Find out what freelance editorial services I can provide for you.
Want to be notified by email when I post? Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.