Kate Bachelder, an assistant editorial features editor at the Wall Street Journal nails the top ten liberal superstitions with her opinion piece. As she says:
A hallmark of progressive politics is the ability to hold fervent beliefs, in defiance of evidence, that explain how the world works—and why liberal solutions must be adopted. Such political superstitions take on a new prominence during campaign seasons as Democratic candidates trot out applause lines to rally their progressive base and as the electorate considers their voting records.
Here are the ten, in capsulated form; to get the details click on the piece here.
- Spending more money improves education.
- Government spending stimulates the economy.
- Republican candidates always have a big spending advantage over Democrats.
- Raising the minimum wage helps the poor.
- Global warming is causing increasingly violent weather.
- Genetically modified food is dangerous.
- Voter ID laws suppress minority turnout.
- ObamaCare is gaining popularity.
- The Keystone XL pipeline would increase oil spills.
- Women are paid 77 cents on the dollar compared with men.
For information on my award-winning historical novel, "Madness: The War of 1812," visit: http://www.madness1812.com
Like The Barbershop? You can subscribe to it by typing in your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.