As I was lying in bed pondering the problems of the world, I rapidly realized that
I don't really give a rat's rear end. It's the tortoise life for me! And here is why.
1. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.
2. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, and is fat.
3. A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years.
4. A tortoise doesn't run and does nothing, yet it lives for 450 years.
And you tell me to exercise? I don't think so.
I'm retired. Go around me.
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. My wild oats have turned into prunes and all-bran.
3. I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
5. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
6. If all is not lost, where is it?
7. It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
8. Some days, you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
9. I wish the buck stopped here; I sure could use a few.
10. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
11. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
12. It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.
13. The only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the bathroom.
14. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.
15. When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone want to play chess?
16. Its not hard to meet expenses . . . they're everywhere.
17. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
18. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter; I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what I'm hereafter
19. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
DID I SEND THESE TO YOU BEFORE?
I don't know who gets credit for these; they came in the email this morning without credit. Here's more:
God grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked, the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the difference.
RETIREMENT, A state of mind...
Posted September 11, 2014 at 8:41 am
Posted September 10, 2014 at 12:28 pm
Posted September 2, 2014 at 12:25 pm
Posted August 22, 2014 at 10:07 am
Posted August 20, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Latest on ChicagoNow
from Chicago Bulls Confidential by DougThonus
posted today at 6:23 am
from Lipstick, Lollipops & Life by Julia Passamani
posted today at 6:01 am
from Tween Us by Shannan Younger
posted today at 5:36 am
from From Hollywood to Ravenswood by Lawrence Hartmann
posted today at 1:24 am
from ChicagoNow Staff Blog by Jimmy Greenfield
posted today at 12:28 am
Read these ChicagoNow blogs
Taking a Second Look -- at the world's first impressions. This site is less interested in the topical and more in the universal.
Unfair and Unbalanced Commentary by Prof. J
Covering the arts, home décor, food and wine, culture, philanthropy and daily life events elevated to unforgettable experiences.
Read these ChicagoNow Bloggers