Early on Thursday, I published my projected first round of the NFL Draft.
As the Draft progresses, let's look at how I did.
- Carolina - Cam Newton. QB - CORRECT
- Denver - Von Miller, LB - CORRECT
- Buffalo - Marcell Dareus, DT - CORRECT
- Cincinnati - AJ Green, WR - CORRECT
- Arizona - Patrick Peterson, DB - WRONG - had Blaine Gabbert
- Atlanta (trade) - Julio Jones, WR - CORRECT
- San Francisco - Aldon Smith, DE - WRONG - had Peterson
- Tennessee - Jake Locker, QB - WRONG - had Nick Fairley
- Dallas - Tyron Smith, OT - WRONG - had Robert Quinn
- Jacksonville (trade) - Blaine Gabbert, QB - WRONG - had Cameron Jordan to WSH
- Houston - JJ Watt, DE - CORRECT
- Minnesota - Christian Ponder, QB - WRONG - had Prince Amukamara
- Detroit - Nick Fairley, DT - WRONG - had Tyron Smith
- St. Louis - Robert Quinn, OLB/DE - WRONG - had Mike Pouncey
- Miami - Mike Pouncey, OG - WRONG - had Mark Ingram
- Washington (trade) - Ryan Kerrigan, DE - CORRECT
- New England - Nate Solder, OT - WRONG - had Akeem Ayers
- San Diego - Corey Liuget, DT - WRONG - had Aldon Smith
- NY Giants - Prince Amukamara, DB - WRONG - had Gabe Carimi
- Tampa Bay - Adrian Clayborn, DE - WRONG - had Jimmy Smith
- Cleveland (trade) - Phil Taylor, DT - WRONG - had Da'Quan Bowers
- Indianapolis - Anthony Costanzo, OT - WRONG - had Solder
- Philadelphia - Danny Watkins, OG - WRONG - had Costanzo
- New Orleans - Cameron Jordan, DE - WRONG - had Taylor
- Seattle - James Carpenter, OL - WRONG - had Locker
- 27 - Baltimore - Jimmy Smith, CB - WRONG - had Muhammad Wilkerson
- 26 - Kansas City (trade) - Jonathan Baldwin, WR - WRONG - had Clayborn
- New Orleans (trade) - Mark Ingram, RB - WRONG - had Mikel Leshoure
- CHICAGO - Gabe Carimi, OT - WRONG - had Liuget
- NY Jets - Muhammad Wilkerson, DE - WRONG - had Marvin Austin
- Pittsburgh - Cameron Heyward, DE - CORRECT
- Green Bay - Derek Sherrod, OT - WRONG - had Brandon Harris
SHOCKER PICK OF THE DRAFT: Locker to Tennessee. Wow! Jon Gruden might be the ONLY person on the planet that ranked Locker that high.
BIGGEST MISTAKE OF THE DRAFT: Atlanta trading two first round picks, two second round picks and a fourth round pick for Julio Jones. They already have a legit, All-Pro #1 receiver in Roddy White. No #2 receiver is worth that king's ransom. None.
MOST SCREWED BY A RIVAL'S PICK: Jay Cutler. When the Lions put Fairley next to Suh, he was sacked three times. In April.
BEST VALUE PICK(s) OF THE DRAFT I: Cameron Jordan and Mark Ingram to New Orleans. Most analysts thought they both could have been a top-15 pick, some even going top-10 for Jordan. The Saints got Jordan at 24 and traded back into the first round and got Ingram at 28.
WTF MOMENT - Baltimore passed at 26 and Kansas City got their selection in before teh Ravens.
BEST VALUE PICK IN THE DRAFT II - Bears somehow get lucky and Carimi falls to them at 29.