Tee Shirt Sales
The Reverend is also on a bye this week so we're using this opportunity to sell some more tee shirts. Tees will only be on sale through Halloween and then we're closing down shop on this brilliant design (PICTURED ABOVE) by the aforementioned Reverend and the great Michael Lapinski (@m_lapinski on Twitter). These make an excellent gift for the holiday season and this will be the last opportunity for you to order the shirts before that point.
So go and support the site, buy a tee shirt and show a Bears fan you love them. To do so, CLICK HERE.
Picks Contest Reminder.
If you have not entered the contest by now you are ineligible to win the contest. To see a the current standings after five weeks, CLICK HERE. We will update the standings again in three weeks or so.
Picks Contest Prize.
You'll be invited as special guest of DaBearsBlog to this year's Round One Draft Party on Thursday night, April 25th at Cortland's Garage in Bucktown. The prize includes:
- Accommodation for draft night at The Willows Hotel, Lakeview. To see the hotel, CLICK HERE. I'll also be in the hotel and will gladly take you for a drink at the local spot Monsignor Murphy's if you so choose.
- DaBearsBlog will cover the open bar for you and a +1 at the event.
- Two automatic entries into the ticket contest giveaway that evening. (We'll announce the particular game and details once the schedule is released next spring.)
- A pair of 2012 DaBearsBlog tee-shirts.
*Sadly we've removed the Lou Malnati's gift card for now due to some issues that have arisen. I am working on them and will have either the Malnati's card restored or something in its place.
The Week's Lines.
- You only pick one team against the spread.
- Once you select the team they are unavailable to you for the remainder of the season.
- It is NOT a survival pool. The highest winning percentage at Week 15 will be awarded the prize. If there are ties, we'll decide in Weeks 16 and 17 by increasing the number of games selected incrementally.
- You don't need to pick every week. But you must make ten selections between Week One and Week Fifteen. If you picked in Week One you do not need to pick in Week Two if you don't like the games.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR SELECTION IN THE BODY OF ANOTHER COMMENT. YOUR SELECTION SHOULD BE IT'S OWN COMMENT AND CONTAIN ONLY THE NAME OF THE TEAM YOU ARE SELECTING. (Otherwise it's a terrible bitch for me to tally up each week.)
- Picks are due by kickoff of the early games Sunday. Picks will only be accepted in the comments of THIS post.
(Home team in CAPS)
Cincinnati -1 CLEVELAND
NEW YORK JETS -3.5 Indianapolis
TAMPA BAY -4 Kansas City
ATLANTA -9 Oakland
BALTIMORE -3.5 Dallas
PHILADELPHIA -4 Detroit
MIAMI -3.5 St. Louis
New England -3.5 SEATTLE
ARIZONA -4.5 Buffalo
SAN FRANCISCO -6.5 New York Giants
WASHINGTON -3 Minnesota
HOUSTON -3.5 Green Bay
I am violating my rule by picking a team and line I don't love. But I can't see how (1) Cincinnati won't rebound from their putrid performance against the Miami Dolphins last week and (2) Cleveland can keep their head above water after dominating the Giants for a quarter plus and still being torpedoed. I also can't imagine going into Cleveland right now will be the most hostile environment around (unless you're the Browns) so I'll take the BENGALS and lay the point.
Filed under: Uncategorized