We are now, almost insanely, only one week away from the the NFL Draft. In case you haven't noticed I have spent more time on the Saints bounty situation and NFL fan conduct test than the draft itself. Why? Because they're real issues, not guessing games. I am more interested in what positions Phil Emery and the new Bears regime draft than in which players they draft. I am more interested in my draft party than either.
Cortland's Garage. 1645 West Cortland Street. Bucktown.
For a map of location, CLICK HERE
Thursday night, April 26th
Festivities begin at 7:00 pm CT (Registration for ticket contest begins at 6:30 pm)
If you purchase a $5 raffle ticket, you are eligible to win two (2) lower tier tickets to the October 28th Bears vs. Panthers game at Soldier Field. (You'll be attending the game with me.)
- Once you purchase that $5 raffle ticket, you'll also have the opportunity to buy a wristband entitling you to a $25 open bar (cheap beer, wine, well drinks) from the second the Colts go on the clock (to wait a ludicrous 15 minutes to pick Andy Luck) until the final pick of the round is made. Last year this was nearly four hours. $30 bucks for four hours of boozing and a chance to win a pair of rather expensive game tickets is a nice deal if you ask me.
- You can buy as many $5 raffle tickets as you wish.
- Over the course of the round each participating patron will have opportunities to improve upon their chances to win the raffle by guessing various selections.
- You can buy raffle tickets right up until the final team goes on the clock. I will be pulling the name of the raffle winner as soon as the final pick of the first round is made. You MUST BE IN THE BAR to collect your prize. (It won't be tangible tickets, of course.)
- There will also be a few prizes and giveaways throughout the night. The folks over at The Sports Bank are donating a vintage Michael Jordan Wheaties box and a 91-92 SI with Jordan and Phil Jackson on the cover.
- We'll be premiering the 2012 DaBearsBlog t-shirt - which is awesome - that night and selling koozies for $5 a pop. (The shirt will be available to order on this site shortly thereafter. I will not have them purchase at the bar, I don't think.)
So come by and join me from 6:30 pm CT on. Have a beer. Get yourself a raffle ticket and a koozie. And we shall all await Phil Emery's selection of the next great Chicago Bear. This post will stay atop the site until then, barring any major Chicago Bears-related developments.
Filed under: Uncategorized