Thanks to reader (and new friend of Da Blog) Keith Ellett we have a tavern partner for DaBearsBlog's NFL Draft party on Thursday night, April 26th. Here are the details:
- We'll be at Cortland's Garage in Bucktown. 1645 W. Cortland Street. (To visit the bar's website, CLICK HERE.)
- Da Blog (me) will be giving away two (2) lower tier tickets to a Bears game at Soldier Field next season. I won't know which game until the schedule comes out in April but it will most likely be in the second half of the season. Side note: I'll be attending the game with you. Aren't you excited?
- For $5 you'll be entered into a drawing to win the tickets. (Not bad when you consider you're getting two seats worth $200-300 a pop.) To win the tickets, you have to be there when your name is called at the end of the first round. We'll start accepting entries at 6 pm CT. The draft begins at 7 pm CT.
- The $5 gets you a single entry and you can only buy in once. But you'll have opportunities to increase your odds by answering draft-based trivia over the course of the night. There will be some other prizes as well.
- Cortland's Garage will be offering a $25 open bar to those entered in the ticket giveaway. For just $25 you can drink all the canned/bottled beer, well liquor, house wine and soft drinks you want for the entire duration of the first round. (From the start of the Colts' clock til the Giants selection.) Last year that was nearly four hours!
It's gonna be a great, cheap, fun night. Hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Filed under: Uncategorized