NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS vs. Baltimore Ravens
The Baltimore Ravens have looked awful on the road this season and, to be honest, they didn't look much better at home last week. If the Texans had Matt Schaub playing quarterback they probably win the game by a couple touchdowns. The Ravens defense still has names but outside of Ngata and Suggs up front, the rest of those names are looking hobbled by age (Ray Lewis) and injury (Ed Reed) and crappiness (Bernard Pollard). The Ravens don't have a single player on their roster capable of covering either Aaron Hernandez or Rob Gronkowski. I think Brady keeps rolling and the defense allows some big yardage to Ray Rice but holds up in the red zone. Patriots 34, Ravens 16
SAN FRANCISCO 40ERS vs. New York Giants
The Giants offense has thrived on yards after the catch leading to basically a 70-yard touchdown catch every week. But there is no more sure tackling defense in football than the Niners. The Giants have thrived on their pass rush, not allowing quarterbacks to sit in the pocket and survey the field. But the Niners seem to run basically a one-read passing game and don't allow Alex Smith to spend much time in the pocket. (Smith is also very quick to take off down the field when the pocket collapses.) The Niners have a great running game and the best special teams in the league this year. The Giants have magic on their side, especially at this time of the year, but I think the world is sleeping on how balanced and tough Jim Harbaugh's group is. 49ers 20, Giants 17
Fantasy Playoffs Resume
- Eleven of us remain. I survived based only on the tie. But my presence should haunt your dreams. Haunt them terribly.
- We'll put the Top Four, plus ties, into the Super Bowl. When the Super Bowl comes we'll most likely have to institute a tiebreaker or two.
- RULE OF NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE AN ELIGIBLE ENTRANT ON DEFENSE FOR THE SUPER BOWL. IF THE SUPER BOWL IS PLAYED AND YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY USED BOTH OF THE DEFENSES YOU WILL BE INELIGIBLE FOR THE SUPER BOWL. (This is not the case for offense or special teams.)
- My choices this week. Offense: San Francisco 49ers. Defense: New England Patriots. Special Teams: New York Giants.
- The rest of the eligible participants:
#76 Mongo Murph
Filed under: Uncategorized