Have you voted DaBearsBlog as Chicago's most valuable blog today? CLICK HERE and do it!
For some of us, this offseason/preseason was always about the offensive line. And since I'm quick denigrate the work of David Haugh when I disagree with him (only 97-98% of the time), he's right when he points out that things offense flow from that unit. If the line shows a push, the Bears will run it effectively. If they block the perimeter Cutler and the receivers will make plays all over the field. It is all about the offensive for the 2011 Chicago Bears. And so it's all about the offensive line Saturday night in Tennessee - most likely their last lengthy opportunity to prepare together, against competition, for the Atlanta Falcons.
By the way, if the Bears go up and down the field and score 8 touchdowns...I won't care. Great preseasons are just as silly as poor preseasons. Just stay healthy.
What else bears watching on Saturday night?
- The Bears carried 5 WRs in 2010. If we assume Roy Williams, Johnny Knox, Devin Hester, Earl Bennett and Sam Hurd make the team, is there a spot for new flavor of the preseason Dane Sanzenbacher. It'll be interesting to note how he's deployed Saturday night. (Note: the Bears kept 4 TEs last year. This year we can assume that won't be the case.)
- Roy Williams needs a couple productive plays.
- So does Johnny Knox.
- Stay healthy.
- Will Purdue TE Kyle Adams keep Eddie Williams off the roster as a TE/FB hybrid?
- Who will be the safeties behind Major Wright and Chris Harris?
- Does anyone step up as an edge rusher and allow the Bears to keep Henry Melton in the middle?
- Health. Key.
- With Lance Briggs out the remainder of the preseason, does Brian Iwuh take a stride in the right direction?
- Marion Barber's ability to catch the screen in the flat and take off against the Giants made me think Chester Taylor was not long for the roster. Will I be proven wrong Saturday night?
- Don't get injured.
- I am watching Corey Graham. Graham has looked dreadful this preseason and we're only one or two injuries away from the guy being out there regularly. He has regressed significantly since a year ago.
But overall, just stay healthy.
Filed under: Uncategorized