Because I want to believe one more time...
2009 CHICAGO BEARS
Green Bay Packers
Why do I like the Chicago Bears this week?
- I always like the Chicago Bears...except lately.
- I just can't see any way the Bears prevent Aaron Rodgers and company from throwing the ball up and down the field. Now with the emergence of Jermichael Finley - a player I told you about in August - Rodgers should have no problem putting up big yardage.
- Also the Packers seem to be one of the few teams who manage to run effectively against the Bears consistently. So there's more points.
- The Packers defense - with their fiesty young linebackers - will take away the running game from the Bears early and force Cutler to throw into some tricky situations. Do you think our receivers can get open against this secondary?
- So wait...why do I like the Chicago Bears this week? Because there's absolutely no reason they should win. And I've come to expect good things from this group when nothing is expected of them. I think a big play gets made on special teams early and sets the stone for a big upset.
Chicago Bears 20, Green Bay Packers 17