Thankfully, thankfully, thankfully...I only have to do this twice more.
YOUR DESPERATELY SEEKING
A NEW HEAD COACH CHICAGO BEARS
Why do I like the Chicago Bears this week?
- I always like the Chicago Bears.
- The offenses that give the Bears fits are the possession passing games. Teams that are comfortable throwing on early downs and have quick receivers getting open on slants and underneath routes. The Ravens are run-first, throw-when-have-to. Their receivers are nowhere as good in space as the those on the Packers, Vikings, Cardinals, Bengals...etc.
- Joe Flacco wants to drop back and sit in the pocket and I expect the Bears to be very aggressive with their pass rush, leading to a big Peanut Tillman interception in the fourth quarter.
- Hub Arkush believed that the Bears "decided" to make Devin Aromashodu the centerpiece of their offense against the Packers and I don't agree. I think Jay Cutler made that decision and I would not be surprised to see Aroma's play total cut. If it's not, Cutler will look to him and look to him often, especially because Lovie will be coaching not to lose for sixty minutes
- I got nothing else except this. The Bears have something of a history of delivering one memorable performance when you think they're down and out. This is the last game they'll play all season with any influence of the playoff picture and if it's going to come, it's coming Sunday. Is that enough?
Chicago Bears 20, Baltimore Ravens 16