Rain washed away two games before they began and then suspended another in the middle of the action.
The I-Cubs broke open a tie ballgame in the top of the 8th with a six-run inning, all of it coming with two outs. After the Dodgers set down the first two batters in order, Iowa was able to work three straight walks before a pitching change. Another walk, this time to Dixon Machado forced in a run to give the Cubs the lead. Johnny Field delivered the dagger, a three-run double to clear the bases and extend the lead to four. Phillip Evans and even pitcher Brian Duensing worked two more walks to re-load the bases before Zach Borenstein added two more insurance runs on a single to right.
- Johnny Field: 2-5, 2B, HR (1), 2 R, 4 RBI (.262)
- Zach Borenstein: 3-5, R, 3 RBI (.256)
- Dixon Machado: 2-4, R, RBI, BB (.359)
- Wynton Bernard: 2-5, 3B, R, RBI (.286)
- Trent Giambrone: 1-3, 2B, R, BB (.268)
- Colin Rea: 6 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 0 BB, 4 K (3.24)
- Dillon Maples: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K (4.05)
Injuries, Updates, and Trends
Dixon Machado has cooled off a bit from his torrid early season pace, but is still hitting a team leading .359/.500/.564.
Myrtle Beach PPD
South Bend PPD
Filed under: Daily Cubs Minors Recap