After four years of loud complaints and protests, North Side advocates of the #11 Lincoln bus will see a key portion of that route restored beginning June 20 on a six-month trial basis. And the #31 31st Street bus will run again starting in September.
Amid much hue and cry, the CTA in 2012 eliminated the portion of the #11 bus between the Western Avenue Brown Line station and Fullerton. The #31 was discontinued in 1997.
The CTA also announced improvements to bus and rail service on the South and Far South Sides.
The bus routes receiving improvements include:
- The 95th Street bus, which will combine separate east and west segments to create a continuous route
- The #4 Cottage Grove bus, which will extend south from 95th Street to 115th Street
- The #71 71st Street bus, which will extend all trips from 73rd to 112th and Torrence, and see increased frequency
- The #26 South Shore Express, which will see earlier and later service
- The #34 Michigan and #119 Michigan/119th bus routes, which will see increased frequency during midday and evening hours
Additionally, the Cottage Grove and Ashland/63rd branches of the Green Line will see increased frequency during the AM and PM rush hours.
If you like this post, please like my Facebook page, and follow me on Twitter and Instagram. And, never miss a post! Subscribe now to receive CTA Tattler via email. Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.