What started on June 1 at Granville will end at 10 p.m. Thursday at Jarvis.
That's when Jarvis, the last of seven Red Line north stations to be rehabbed, will open to the public.
Work continues at Jarvis and other stations, as crews get through their punch lists of details to be pinned down. But all-in-all, it's been a job well done, with rave reviews from most CTA customers.
Most of these photos were taken by 49th Ward Alderman Joe Moore were taken earlier Thursday on a pre-opening tour with the CTA.
The CTA says the renovated station includes these improvements and features:
- Masonry repairs and new tuckpointing on the station house exterior.
- New windows, doors and exterior lighting on the station house.
- Expanded station house interior with improved layout and circulation.
- New station house interior wall, floor, and ceiling finishes.
- Sidewalk repairs and new bike racks outside of the station house.
- New platform foundations, concrete deck, fixtures and furnishings.
- Refurbished platform canopy structure.
- New lighting and signage.