Here's a rundown of some important CTA public meetings coming up over the next few weeks:
Wilson station reconstruction. When: 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 11. Where: main lobby, Truman College, 1145 W. Wilson. What: An open house to gather public input on details and renderings of the proposed reconstructed Wilson Red Line station.
Scope of work will include:
- Restoration of the terra cotta exterior from the historic 1923 Gerber Building
- A rebuilt stationhouse with elevators and other modern amenities
- New transfer platforms
- Structural and viaduct work.
Demolition work is expected to begin in the second quarter of 2013 with construction continuing through 2015. The station will remain open for the duration of the $203 million construction project. See more information on the website of 46th Ward Alderman James Cappleman, who provided the draft rendering photos.
Western and Ashland Corridor bus rapid transit (BRT) project. When: Oct. 16 at Iglesia Rebano Church, 2435 W. Division; Oct. 17 at Lindblom Math and Science Academy, 6130 S. Wolcott; and Oct. 18 at Lane Tech College Prep High School, 2501 W. Addison St. Time: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. each day. What: An open house update meeting on the alternative analysis study for this BRT project.
The specific purpose of this meeting is to:
- Present updates on the ongoing Alternatives Analysis process and share results of the second phase of analysis.
- Provide additional information to the public about the project.
- Solicit feedback from the community on the project.
The study area extends approximately 21 miles along Western and Ashland Avenues, from Howard Street on the north to 95th Street on the south.