CTA rail improvements will affect service on four of the eight lines this weekend.
The Loop Track Renewal project picks up where it left off two weeks ago:
- The Wells and Van Buren legs of Loop "L" will be closed.
- The Brown and Orange Lines will be operate as one route between Kimball and Midway via the Lake and Wabash sides of Loop.
- Pink Line service will operate between 54th/Cermak and Roosevelt via Lake and Wabash sides of Loop.
- The Green Line is unaffected.
- Reroutes start at 10 pm Friday through 4 am Monday.
Viaduct work and track replacement will limit service at five Red Line north stations from 10 pm Friday to 4 am Monday. And it's a little complicated, so bear with us here. Here's how the CTA describes the service changes:
- Howard-bound trains will not stop at Bryn Mawr, Thorndale, Loyola, Morse, or Jarvis stations.
- A shuttle train will operate between Berwyn and Thorndale.
- For service to Loyola, Morse, or Jarvis stations, take a Howard-bound (northbound) train to Howard and transfer to a 95th-bound train.
- For service to Bryn Mawr or Thorndale stations, transfer at Berwyn to the shuttle train.
- For service from Bryn Mawr, Thorndale, Loyola, Morse, or Jarvis stations, take a 95th-bound train to Berwyn and transfer to a Howard-bound train.
Got it? Good luck. And allow extra travel time, of course.