A woman's iPhone is stolen from her at gunpoint on a platform at the Red Line. The two teenaged thugs make a getaway on the next train out.
Ho hum. Another CTA robbery.
But no, this was much different.
The alleged perpetrators were caught and arrested, because the victim did all the right things. And so did the cops. We can all learn from what she did:
- She kept her cool - even when faced with a gun - and gave up the iPhone without a struggle, keeping herself safe.
- She got a good description of the robbers.
- She told CTA personnel immediately.
- She provided a great description to the police.
- Police acted right away. The mugging happened on the Harrison Red Line platform. The police stopped the southbound train just minutes later at Cermak/Chinatown.
- Cops arrested two 14-year-old boys based on the victim's description.
- The victim got her iPhone back.
- One boy was charged with theft, and the other cited for having a replica weapon - a BB gun.
Justice will be served because of the calm, quick-thinking of the 19-year-old victim. Way to go!