Here's what the CTA "renew crews" did to accomplish the dramatic improvements at the Logan Square station on the Blue Line:
- Power washing of station plaza, interior walls, tunnel walls and ceiling
- Heavy cleaning of floors and stairs
- Light fixture cleaning and improvement
- Installation of additional light fixtures on the subway platform tunnel walls
- Repainting of station entrances and interior ceilings and railings
- Repairs to masonry walls and concrete ceiling
- Refurbishment of the Kedzie main entrance escalator
- Refurbishment of the Spaulding auxiliary entrance escalator
- Upgrading of 19 existing security cameras with digital high definition cameras
- Water management to prevent and mitigate leaks
- Installation of perforated metal glazing and vandal shield to reduce graffiti
- New signage throughout the station
- New trees and plantings in the bus terminal and plaza
According to the CTA, work also was done in May at the Damen and Washington Blue Line stations - though the rehab there was not as extensive.
Workers were busy at the California Blue Line and Halsted Orange Line stops on Tuesday painting, making lighting improvements, among other fixups.
Next up for "station renewals":
- Jarvis (Red Line)
- Cicero (Blue Line)
- 43rd (Green Line)
- Skokie (Yellow Line)
- Kostner (Pink Line)
All photos from the CTA Flickr page.