Ah yes, the holidays inspire us to consider our blessings and document them in embarrassed utterances around a Thanksgiving table rimmed with little-known friends and relatives.
So let me get started a day early. And Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm thankful for:
- The CTA Bus Tracker.
- No fare increase next year.
- Direct transit service to Chicago's two major airports.
- No TSA pat-downs at CTA terminals,
- The CTA Holiday Train.
- The new CTA Series 5000 rail cars -- for the most part.
- Apple's North/Clybourn Red Line station renovation.
- Some state funding for capital projects.
- The CTA Media Dept., who patiently answer my questions all year.
Update: I forgot the most important, and most obvious:
I am thankful for all my readers!
Well, that's a start. What did I miss?
Also, look for my CTA wish list Friday. Till then, Happy Turkey Day!