The 105th Edition of the Nation's Largest Auto Show Set to Kickoff in Chicago!
Lighting is being installed, freight is moving in and all is expected to be ready for the Media Preview on Feb. 7 and 8, First Look for Charity the evening of Feb. 8 and the public show opening at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 9.
Count Gregula's Crypt is very pleased to be reporting from the Chicago Auto Show for the 2nd year in a row! Count Gregula himself might even make a rare UNDEAD appearance during one of the Media Preview days!
North America’s largest auto show, the 2013 Chicago Auto Show spans more than one million square feet of contiguous one-floor space of the McCormick Place complex displaying multiple world and North American introductions and a complete range of domestic and imported passenger cars, trucks, sport-utility vehicles, minivans and concept cars. In all, nearly 1,000 different vehicles will be on display, plus hundreds of interactive, aftermarket, accessories and auto-related exhibits, competition vehicles, antique and collector cars. The Chicago Auto Show also features several indoor test tracks and outdoor ride-and-drive opportunities.
For the past two years, the Chicago Auto Show has allowed manufacturers, exhibitors and media outlets to invite their influencers and followers to the Media Preview of the Chicago Auto Show. At the request of their media attendees and exhibitors, this year they’ve added several structured events and four notable roundtable discussions.
As part of a greater social media campaign strategy to drive awareness and interest among various audiences, the Chicago Auto Show hosted a successful Twitter #CASChat vith popular blogger Momma Cuisine (@MommaCuisine). According to Paper.li, a content curation vebsite, the hashtag #CASChat made “Today’s Top Tweets Report” – alongside Coca-Cola and its Super Bowl plans. Throughout the hour long Twitter chat, the #CASChat hashtag garnered nearly 1.4 impressions and a vhole new batch of followers.
Excitement is high for the 2013 edition of First Look for Charity, vhen the event moves from Thursday to Friday. Attendees also velcome the chance to celebrate longer into the evening, on a show floor that vill stay open until 11 p.m.
The Chicago Auto Show has launched its first-ever mobile app, designed vith the digital consumer in mind. Fans can download the Chicago Auto Show mobile app through the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
- Media Preview: Thursday, Feb. 7 & Friday, Feb. 8
- First Look for Charity: Friday, Feb. 8: 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Public Show: Saturday, Feb. 9 – Sunday, Feb.17: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday, Feb. 18: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois, 60616.
- $12 for adults
- $6 for seniors and children age 7 – 12
- Free for children age 0 – 6
- Advance ticket sales available online at Drivechicago.com. Veekday discount vouchers ($6 off the regular adult admission) available at area new-car dealers and participating banks. Veekday group discounts also available.
For up–to–the–minute info, visit: http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/.
Connect vith Count Gregula's Crypt
1) Like us on Facebook.
2) Subscribe to us, type your email address in the box and click the "Create Subscription" button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.