Apparently yesterday was International Day of the Girl. Though I'd never heard of it before, I'm happy to celebrate a day that empowers girls to change the future as women. Of course there are already young girls : Malala, Jazz Jennings, Julia Bluhm, Maya Penn, and this third grader making their mark on the world.
I'd love to know who these girls look to for inspiration.
Maybe it's their age: a time when we aren't so caught up in everyday life that we believe anything is possible. Because once the bills, kids, and careers come along finding the motivation to even put on a bra and go back out at 9pm can be damn tough.
I don't need a playlist for the gym...I need one for everyday life. For the days when I feel taken for granted, for the times I feel I owe an apology for making myself a priority. And I can generally count on these three female tv characters to provide the motivation I need-
-they can inspire me to change to world..or at least my attitude
Ready to learn more simple ways to live a healthier lifestyle? Excited to hear about cool small shops & see if my weekly Pinterest task was a success or fail?
Add your email to the "Subscribe By Email" box on the right and you'll be notified every time there's a new post!
More changes are coming to the Favor the Earth/Conveniently Green Facebook page; "Like" my page so you don't miss any news.
- Want to know how the Shop Small challenge started? Find out here
- Wish you could have healthy lifestyle tips, recipes, videos, and sustainable products delivered right to you? Click here.
- Want to know how the Pinterest Challenge (Pin 52) stared? Click here.
- Want to try the Pin 52 Challenge projects & recipes I've completed? Follow the Pin 52: Accomplished board here.
- Shop fabulous Favor the Earth sustainable gifts, skin care, & decor here. It's where green living begins.