The marathon is almost here! I am TERRIFIED, but also super excited. You know why? Because I'm going lose myself in my BUMPIN' playlist.
If you're looking for some last minute adds to breathe some life into your classics (Eye of the Tiger, Born to Run, Beautiful Day) you've come to the right place.
Here's a few songs that have kept me inspired, motivated and most importantly-running.
In no particular order with sample lyrics:
- Forca: Nelly Furtado-It is the passion flowing right on through your veins/And it's the feeling that you're oh so glad you came/It is the moment you remember you're alive
- My First Song: Jay-Z It's my life it's my pain and my struggle/The song that I sing to you it's my everything/Treat my first like my last, and my last like my first/And my thirst is the same as -when I came/It's my joy and my tears and the laughter it brings to me
- The Climb: Miley Cyrus-The struggles I'm facing/The chances I'm taking/Sometimes might knock me down, but/No I'm not breaking/I may not know it, but/These are the moments that/I'm gonna remember most/I've just gotta keep goin', and I gotta be strong/Just keep pushing on
- Never Say Never: Justin Bieber-I never thought I could feel this power/I never thought that I could feel this free/I'm strong enough to climb the highest tower/And I'm fast enough to run across the sea
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa): Shakira-The pressure is on/You feel it/But you've got it all/Believe it
- What Are You Waiting For: Gwen Stefani-Naturally, I'm worried if I do it alone/Who really cares, cause it's your life/You never know, it could be great/Take a chance cause you might grow
- I Made It: Kevin Rudolf ft. Birdman-I look up to the sky and now the world is mine/I've known it all my life/I made it, I made it!
- Fly: Nicki Minaj ft. Rihanna-I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive/I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise/To fly
- Firework: Katy Perry-Even brighter than the moon/It's always been inside of you/And now it's time to let it through
- Just Fine: Mary J. Blige-Feels so good, when you’re doing all the things that you want to do/Get the best out of life, treat yourself to something new/Keep your head up high/In yourself, believe in you, believe in me