Lovely weekend in the citta bella (beautiful city for you non-Italian speakers). Here were some of this weekend's highlights for this MIG.
1. A Run on the River: The weekend began with an early office escape to take advantage of this gorgeous weather. 4 miles never felt so good.
2. A Gelato Stop: Since the Lincoln Park Zoo trick-or-treating ended up to be a fiasco, we ditched it for more lux sweet treats. Blackdog Gelato www.blackdogchicago.com/ in Wicker Park hit the spot. Who needs a handful of dimestore candy when you can have a scoop of Goat Cheese Cashew Caramel or Vanilla with Sea Salt and Caramel?
3. A trip to the Children's Section at the Harold Washington Library and a jaunt up to the Winter Garden in the penthouse makes for a fantastic view not to mention a Kindergarten reading adventure. Mommy picked up Fellini's La Dolce Vita in preparation for Rome.
4. A Millenium Park walkabout in the sun and fun under the Bean.
5. An Education: The Mayor's Fashion Council held a very interesting series at the Cultural Center on the business of Fashion http://bit.ly/mQ8WEm. Many aspiring MIG fashionistas in attendance. Put it on your list for next year. Gratis thanks to Mayor E.
A weekend in the sun. What's next weekend?