Here are some other interesting facts about the Chicago area Hispanic community:
1) There are more than 1.9 million Hispanics in the Chicago metropolitan area, 21.5 percent of the total population, and almost 1.2 million of them were born in the United States.
2) Of the 1.9 million, more than 1.4 millions Hispanics in the Chicago area are U.S. citizens, because that includes the foreign-born who became U.S. citizens.
3) Of all Chicago Hispanics, the three largest groups of origin are Mexican (79.2 percent), Puerto Rican (9.6 percent) and Guatemalan (2.1 percent.)
4) The average household income for Chicago Hispanics is $42,000 and more than 52 percent are homeowners.
5) More than 1.4 million Chicago area Hispanics report they have health insurance.
Pew analyzed additional information on Hispanics in Chicago and other U.S. cities based on 2011 U.S. Census data.