Nelson Mandela was a one of a kind human being. He was unjustly kept in a jail cell for 27 years and came through with unmatched grace and dignity. I get annoyed if my flight sits on the runway for 30 minutes.
I was just reading about his life and learned that on top of everything else in his life, Mandela was an attorney. So in honor of his exemplary time on our planet, here are 10 great quotes from Nelson Mandela.
- "I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles."
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
- "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
- My personal favorite: "It always seems impossible until it's done."
- A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
- "I hate race discrimination most intensely and in all its manifestations. I have fought it all during my life; I fight it now, and will do so until the end of my days."
- "Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."
- For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."
- "Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies."
- "Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front."
Filed under: Uncategorized