I started my business in 2001 that helps people find Illinois lawyers for whatever their situation is. In that time, I’ve spoken with over 200,000 people so I’ve noticed some patterns. With that in mind, here are five things that are bound to happen in your world before the end of the year.
- Someone you know will decide to get divorced. Nothing makes people realize how much they can’t stand their life than the holidays. Seeing images of happy people when you are miserable combined with New Year’s resolutions is enough to push people to take action. They might not file right away, but the wheels will be put in motion over the next 10 days if they aren’t already from Thanksgiving.
- You or an acquaintance will get a DUI. There is so much partying that goes on over the next 10 days. If you live in the City and get a DUI then you are a fool because there are cabs aplenty. But it will happen in the City and the burbs and it’s not a good thing for anyone.
- The weather we’ve had will turn which will lead to a slip and fall injury on ice or snow. The problem is that if you fall on naturally occurring ice or snow you typically don’t have a case. Same holds true if you walk inside of a store and slip on water that was dragged in from snowy boots. But this too will happen a lot. I’ll bet that the next person you see on crutches will be a victim of this.
- You’ll probably read in the paper of a drunk idiot getting arrested for not paying a cab fare. Hopefully it won’t be you, but New Years is amateur hour in Chicago, especially for out of town visitors and kids back from school on break. You can bet that some over served genius will bail on a cabbie. Even if they are in the right, the cops will back the sober taxi driver 99% of the time. It’s much easier to just arrest you.
- There will be big plans for New Years. You’ll be all dressed up, tickets purchased to an event and then you’ll show up and find out that the place you booked is now closed and you are out a ton of money. You’ll probably read about this one in the paper too. Hopefully it doesn’t happen to you, but it seems to happen every year.
Happy holidays. The following photo is my gift to you.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Filed under: Uncategorized