PHOTOS: The early years of Chicago's Palmer House

Built by Potter Palmer in the 1870s, the original Palmer House was consumed in the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, little more than a year after its grand opening. Palmer quickly rebuilt and opened the second Palmer House in 1873. It went through one more major renovation in 1925 and is today facing an uncertain future. (Chicago Tribune archive)

Filed under: Uncategorized

Leave a comment